Friday, February 13, 2015

New lamp!

I recently purchase the lamp you see below from Lamps Plus, I have been on the hunt for a french candlestick lamp, but on my small budget I just could not afford the higher end lamps :( until I came across this one from Lamps Plus and it was 20% off wooohoooo.....but the lamp shade was not what I wanted, I had my heart set on what is called a shield shade, browsing on ebay I came across what I was looking for and at a reasonable price too.......


Sadly the shade was to small...so I came up with a solution....


By adding a long fringe trim I was able to not only dress up the shade but make it look like the shade belong with the lamp ;-)


On top of the long fringe trim I added a beaded trim......


I really am loving my lamp....but! Yes you read it right there is a but...lol...I'm thinking I might want to white wash the lamp with Annie Sloan white chalk paint, and add gold accents...hummmm....what do you think, I would really like your opinion. thank you my friends....wishing you all a Very Happy Valentines Day.

Blessings~
Mari

9 comments:

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Mari!! I LOVE your lamp!! I have been [laying with lamps too!!!

Hugs,
Deb

Deserae said...

Love your new lamp....the shade is sooooo gorgeous!!!! Wishing you a very Happy Valentine's Day!!!
~Des

Susan' Hearts and Flowers said...

Gorgeous Lamp!! Love what you did with the trim!

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Dearest Mari,
It looks quite perfect the way you created it so far. Don't know if white washing would be better...
Hugs and Happy Valentine!
Mariette

Jacqueline said...

Wow, you created quite the elegant shade. I say yes, have some fun with it! I love how gold is so back in!!

DD's Cottage said...

Good idea adding the fringe!

Creations by Marie Antoinette and Edie Marie said...

Hi Mari!

Let me just say... your lamp is drop dead gorgeous as Marie would say! It came together beautifully and is a great compliment to your fabulous sofa Mari. This is the first time I've seen a shield shade and I really like it. The fringe makes it look so luxurious.

To paint or not to paint... that's always my question too. But I've gotten bolder about painting things and I like it. So if your heart says paint it, do it!

Hugs & blessings, Edie ( & Marie)

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Love your lamp Mari. So Victorian.

hugs
Sissie

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Mari, LOVE your gorgeous lamp. What a beauty in your home.
Love the trim.
Hugs, CM